Deluxe 2CD+Blu-ray, digital and 2xLP out Friday, December 15
Dave Matthews’ Performance of “Funny How Time Slips Away“
Available on All DSPs Today Listen HERE
Newly Curated Career-Spanning Willie Nelson Greatest Hits Album Coming Friday, November 3. Pre-order HERE
|Legacy Recordings, a division of Sony Music Entertainment, is releasing a pair of new Willie Nelson titles to celebrate the artist’s 90th birthday year and his abiding contributions to American popular music and culture. Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90 Live At The Hollywood Bowl, produced by Blackbird Presents, will be released December 15 as a 2CD+Blu-Ray deluxe edition, a complete digital edition and as a 2xLP highlights. Willie Nelson Greatest Hits, a freshly compiled career-spanning collection will be released on November 3.|
Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90 Live At The Hollywood Bowl, is the definitive music release of the star-studded concerts celebrating Willie’s 90th Birthday. The concerts were recorded live on April 29 & 30 at the legendary Hollywood Bowl and feature once-in-a-lifetime performances by Willie Nelson, Allison Russell, Beck, Billy Strings, Bobby Weir, Booker T. Jones, Buddy Cannon, Charley Crockett, Charlie Sexton, Chris Stapleton, Daniel Lanois, Dave Matthews, Dwight Yoakam, Edie Brickell, Emmylou Harris, Gary Clark Jr., George Strait, Jack Johnson, Jamey Johnson, Keith Richards, Kris Kristofferson, Leon Bridges, Lily Meola, Lukas Nelson, Lyle Lovett, Margo Price, Micah Nelson (Particle Kid), Miranda Lambert, Nathaniel Rateliff, Neil Young, Norah Jones, Orville Peck, Rodney Crowell, Rosanne Cash, Sheryl Crow, Snoop Dogg, Stephen Stills, The Avett Brothers, The Lumineers, Tom Jones, Tyler Childers, Warren Haynes, Waylon Payne, and Ziggy Marley.
On Friday, December 15, 2023, Legacy will release the 2CD+Blu-ray and digital configurations of Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90 Live At The Hollywood Bowl. The deluxe 2CD+Blu-Ray will include 3-hours of video performances from the concert along with 3 video bonus performances, 39 audio tracks and a multi-page booklet. A 2xLP vinyl edition featuring select highlights from the event will also be available on Friday, December 15, 2023. Both configurations can be pre-ordered HERE while Dave Matthews’ performance of “Funny How Time Slips Away” from Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90 Live At The Hollywood Bowl is available via all DSPs today and can be heard HERE.
“We are thrilled to partner with Legacy Recordings to bring these iconic live shows that celebrated Willie’s 90th to fans around the world”, said Mark Rothbaum and Keith Wortman, Creators / Executive Producers of the Willie 90 shows. “This release captures the magic of these shows and enables audiences all around the world to experience these performances as if they were at the Hollywood Bowl with all of us.”
Willie Nelson Greatest Hits, a freshly compiled career-spanning collection of 25 essential performances, chronicles Willie’s musical journey from early ’60s country-pop singer-songwriter through the ’70s outlaw country revolution to his current iconic status as an ambassador of musical goodwill. Willie Nelson Greatest Hits will be released on Friday, November 3, 2023, in conjunction with the livestream of Willie’s Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction. The album will be available in 1CD, digital and 2xLP configurations and may be pre-ordered HERE.
2023 is shaping up as a banner year for Willie, who recorded two new studio albums for Legacy: I Don’t Know a Thing About Love (Willie’s musical tribute to legendary American songwriter Harlan Howard, released in March) and Bluegrass (Willie performing 12 of his favorite self-penned classics with a bluegrass ensemble). Released September 15, Willie’s Bluegrass entered the Billboard Bluegrass Albums chart (September 30) at #1, marking his first appearance on the chart in its 21-year history.
In February, Willie took home two Grammys at the 65th Annual Grammy Awards including Best Country Album for A Beautiful Time. Throughout the course of his career Willie Nelson has earned, among innumerable prestigious awards, 12 Grammy Awards including their Lifetime Achievement Award.
On November 3, Willie Nelson will be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. “This year’s incredible group of Inductees reflects the diverse artists and sounds that define rock & roll,” said John Sykes, Chairman of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. “We are honored that this November’s Induction Ceremony in New York will coincide with two milestones in music culture; the 90th birthday of Willie Nelson and the 50th Anniversary of the birth of Hip Hop.” The 38th Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will take place Friday, November 3, at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, and will stream live on Disney+ at 8pm ET. A network broadcast edit of the event will air on ABC from 8-11pm ET on January 1, 2024.
Coming October 31, 2023, from HarperCollins, Willie’s new book, Energy Follows Thought: The Stories Behind My Songs, promises to provide the stories behind the lyrics of 160 of his favorite songs, along with a dynamic assortment of never-before-seen photos and ephemera.
Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90 Live At The Hollywood Bowl includes these 39 performances (CD track order differs slightly from Blu-ray)
1. Whiskey River – Billy Strings
2. Yesterday’s Wine – Charley Crockett
3. Seven Spanish Angels – Allison Russell & Norah Jones
4. Remember Me (When The Candle Lights Are Gleaming) – Edie Brickell & Charlie Sexton
5. Cowboys Are Frequently Secretly Fond Of Each Other – Orville Peck
6. Me And Paul – Dwight Yoakam
7. Die When I’m High (Halfway To Heaven) – Particle Kid & Daniel Lanois
8. Georgia On A Fast Train – Margo Price & Waylon Payne
9. It Ain’t Over Yet- Rodney Crowell, Emmylou Harris, Waylon Payne, Mickey Raphael
10. Hello Walls – Lyle Lovett
11. Hands On The Wheel – Beck
12. Midnight Rider – Warren Haynes
13. Loving Her Was Easier (Than Anything I’ll Ever Do Again) – Rosanne Cash & Kris Kristofferson
14. Funny How Time Slips Away – Dave Matthews
15. Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground – Lukas Nelson
16. City Of New Orleans – Nathaniel Rateliff
17. Stardust – Willie Nelson & Booker T. Jones
18. Will You Remember Mine – Willie Nelson & Lily Meola
19. Something You Get Through – Willie Nelson & Buddy Cannon
1. California Sober – Willie Nelson & Billy Strings
2. Still Is Still Moving To Me – Ziggy Marley
3. Down Yonder – Norah Jones
4. Pick Up The Tempo – The Avett Brothers
5. Pretty Paper – The Lumineers
6. Time Of The Preacher – Tyler Childers and The Food Stamps
7. Night Life – Leon Bridges & Gary Clark Jr.
8. Texas Flood – Gary Clark Jr.
9. Opportunity To Cry – Tom Jones
10. Blue Eyes Crying In the Rain – Bobby Weir
11. Willie Got Me Stoned – Jack Johnson
12. Georgia On My Mind – Jamey Johnson, Warren Haynes, Booker T. Jones
13. Mammas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys – Miranda Lambert
14. Always On My Mind – Chris Stapleton
15. Are There Any More Real Cowboys? – Willie Nelson, Neil Young, Stephen Stills
16. Far Away Places – Willie Nelson & Sheryl Crow
17. Pancho & Lefty – Willie Nelson & George Strait
18. Roll Me Up And Smoke Me When I Die – Willie Nelson & Snoop Dogg
19. We Had It All – Willie Nelson & Keith Richards
20. On The Road Again & Happy Birthday – All Sing
Willie Nelson & Legacy Recordings
In October 2011, Willie Nelson entered into an historic new record deal with Legacy Recordings, the catalog division of Sony Music Entertainment, marking a label homecoming for Nelson, who, from 1975-1993, had cut a phenomenal string of top-selling singles and albums for Columbia Records, beginning with 1975’s seminal smash Red Headed Stranger. New titles by the artist under the Legacy imprint include newly recorded songs and performances and archival releases, personally curated by the artist, drawn from all phases of his career, including his recordings for RCA Records and others. Since signing with Legacy, Willie Nelson has sold more than 1 million albums for the label.
Nelson’s album releases for Legacy Recordings have included:
I Don’t Know a Thing About Love (2023)
Willie Nelson Live At Budokan 1984 (2022)
A Beautiful Time (2022) (Grammy: Best Country Album)
The Willie Nelson Family (2021)
That’s Life (2021)
First Rose of Spring (2020)
Ride Me Back Home (2019) (Grammy: Best Country Solo Performance, “Ride Me Back Home”)
My Way (2018) (Grammy: Best Traditional Pop Solo Album)
Last Man Standing (2018)
Willie Nelson and the Boys: Willie’s Stash, Vol. 2 (2017)
God’s Problem Child (2017)
For The Good Times: A Tribute To Ray Price (2016)
Summertime:Willie Nelson Sings Gershwin (2016) (Grammy: Best Traditional Pop Solo Album)
Django and Jimmie (2015)
December Day: Willie’s Stash, Vol. 1 (2014)
Band of Brothers (2014)
To All The Girls… (2013)
Let’s Face The Music And Dance (2013)