MULTI-PLATINUM trio Lady A will help fans celebrate the holidays this year, with the release of ON THIS WINTER’S NIGHT DELUXE (BMLG Records), album available this Friday, October 30. After the timeless record initially landed at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Holiday Albums chart for its “variety of musical styles from the simple acoustic-guitar-and-strings arrangement to the horns and sleigh bells” (USA Today), the trio expands the collection to 16-songs including four brand new tracks. Fans can pre-save ON THIS WINTER’S NIGHT DELUXE before its release here.
“We’ve always loved the holiday season, but it has become even more magical now that we’re parents,” Hillary Scott shared. “So, we thought we’d add on a new, original song that was inspired by our kids and our take on a few of our favourites, which has brought us so much joy. I think we could all use a little extra holiday cheer this year!”
The four additional songs reinvented for ON THIS WINTER’S NIGHT DELUXE were produced by Dann Huff and include “Wonderful Christmastime,” “Christmas Through Your Eyes,” “Little Saint Nick” and “That Spirit Of Christmas.” It is “Christmas Through Your Eyes” that sparked the project, written by Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott, the track perfectly captures the true spirit of the season.
ON THIS WINTER’S NIGHT DELUXE Track List:
- “A Holly Jolly Christmas” – Johnny Marks
- “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)” – Jeff Barry, Ellie Greenwich, Phil Spector
- “All I Want For Christmas Is You” – Walter Afanasieff, Mariah Carey
- “I’ll Be Home For Christmas – Kim Gannon, Walter Kent, Buck Ram
- “This Christmas” – Donny Hathaway, Nadine McKinnor
- “The First Noel” – Traditional – Arranged by Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott
- “On This Winter’s Night” – Tom Douglas, Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott
- “Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow” – Sammy Cahn, Jule Styne
- “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” – Ralph Blane, Hugh Martin
- “Silent Night (Lord Of My Life)” – Traditional – Arranged by Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott
- “Blue Christmas” – Bill Hayes, Jay Johnson
- “Silver Bells” – Ray Evans, Jay Livingston
- “Wonderful Christmastime” ** – Paul James McCartney
- “Christmas Through Your Eyes” ** – Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott
- “Little Saint Nick” ** – Mike E. Love, Brian Douglas Wilson
- “That Spirit Of Christmas” ** – Parnell Davidson, Mable John, Joel Webste
Over the course of their decade-plus career, Lady A has become one of the 21st century’s premier vocal groups, blending deeply felt emotions with classic Country sounds. As a Country-radio staple, the trio has amassed record-breaking success ushering in 10 No. 1 hits with more than 18 million album units, 34 million tracks sold and nearly 5 billion digital streams. They continue to climb at Country radio with their current Top 15 single which is the first song from the primetime series Songland to become a radio single. The trio earned the biggest first week streams of their career with their critically acclaimed No. 1 album OCEAN that has been touted as “the finest album of the band’s career” (Nashville Scene). Produced by Dann Huff, OCEAN includes Lady A’s PLATINUM No. 1 hit “What If I Never Get Over” while representing a new chapter for Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott and Dave Haywood as it “echoes their earliest work,” (CMT). Known for their 9X PLATINUM hit “Need You Now” which is the highest certified song by a Country group, they have earned CMA Awards Vocal Group of the Year trophies three years in a row and countless other honors including five GRAMMY® Awards, Billboard Music Awards, People’s Choice Awards, Teen Choice Awards and a Tony Award nod.
For more information visit www.ladya.com.