Lindsay Ell has today released her uplifting new song ‘ReadY to love’– from her forthcoming album heart theory – out August 14th on BMG/BBR Music Group, and available to pre-order now – listen here / visualiser here. Itfollows the release of three tracks from the album so far – ‘make you’, ‘i don’t lovE you’ & ‘wAnt me back’.‘ReadY to love’ arrives as an uplifting closer, and second song in the acceptance stage of the album, which takes listeners through Ell’s personal experience of the seven stages of grief, a reflection of her determination to use her platform to help other sexual trauma survivors.
Of the track, Ell explains; “When I wrote this song, I knew it was the one we had to end the record with. It’s truly a song of acceptance and a vow to myself to look forward. I was in a healthy place where I had reconciled my past and understood that it did not define me, and this song is me greeting the world with open arms ready for that next chapter in life. Knowing now that I am living my story, and I want to continue to empower people to tell their stories. Writing this record and starting the Make You Movement have been such pivotal moments to me in living out my story and believing in the healing power of music.”
In conjunction with the release of her previous track ‘make you’ earlier this month, Ell launched the Make You Movement, a charitable fund whose mission is to help organisations that support at-risk youth, domestic abuse and sexual assault survivors by provided funds on an as-needed basis. More info HERE.
heart theory track listing(with writers)
a journey through the seven stages of grief
- “Hits me” (Lindsay Ell, Tyler Hubbard, Corey Crowder)
- “how good” (Lindsay Ell, Brandy Clark)
- “i don’t lovE you” (Adam Hambrick, Melissa Fuller, Neil Medley)
- “wAnt me back” (Lindsay Ell, Kane Brown, Matt McGinn, Lindsay Rimes)
- “get oveR you” (Lindsay Ell, Gordie Sampson, Kelly Archer)
- “wrong girl” (Lindsay Ell, Steph Jones, Matt McGinn, Luke Niccoli)
- “body language of a breakup” (Lindsay Ell, Laura Veltz, Sam Ellis)
- “good on you” (Lindsay Ell, Sam Ellis, Micah Premnath)
- “The oTHEr side” (Lindsay Ell, Jessie Jo Dillon, Matt McGinn)
- “gO to” (Lindsay Ell, Nicolle Gaylon, Jordan Reynolds)
- “make you” (Lindsay Ell, Brandy Clark)
- “ReadY to love” (Lindsay Ell, Jessie Jo Dillon, Matt McGinn, Joey Hyde)
For more information visit: www.LindsayEll.com.